The Master of Science in Biochemistry study program is being offered since winter term 2016/17 at the University of Cologne and is the consecutive study program of the Bachelor's program in Biochemistry. It is an interdisciplinary, research-oriented study program, located at the interface between Chemistry, Biology and Medicine. With the program, students will aquire a strong background in basic biochemistry and modern life science research practise, which enables the graduates to follow many careers in both academic and applied environments.
- The study program can be started both in winter and summer term.
- The whole program is taught in English.
- It is a two year, full-term study program.
- The program includes eight modules: four advanced modules, three specialization modules and the master thesis with defense. The recommended term based course schedule is outlined here.
- Per study year 20 places are offered. Information about the application requirements and procedure is provided here