skip to content

Beratungs- und Betreuungsangebote / Information and Assistance

Find below offices and contacts provided by the University of Cologne to help students in different issues. Contacts and help avaiblable for the same problems /questions by the Department of Chemistry or the Institute of Biochemistry are mentioned below.

Akademisches Auslandsamt / International Office

- International Office in the Department of Chemistry: Dr. Heike Henneken
general advice for study stays abroad, grants and funding, partner universities, etc.
- student may also contact their mentors for advice and contacts to partner universities or research instutions for stays abroad

ASTA-Studierendenvertretung / Student Council

- Fachschaft Chemie or Fachschaft Biologie/Biochemie

Kölner Studierendenwerk / Cologne Student Union
organisation providing social, financial and cultural support services to students

Rektoratsbeauftragte und Vertrauensdozentinnen / Rectorate representatives and tutors
contact persons in case of problems with e.g. scientific integrity, misuse of authority

in the Department of Chemistry you may contact for such issues:
Examination commitee chair: Prof. G. Schwarz, Prof. J. Riemer

Gleichstellungsbeauftrage / The Gender Commissioner
Gender Commissioner of the Department of Chemistry: Dr. Sibylle Grandel, Email

Servicezentrum Behinderung und Studium / Center for Disabled Persons at the University of Cologne

Studierendensekretariat / Student Affairs Office
processes applications, re-/registrations (via KLIPS2)

Zentrale Studienberatung / Central Student Information Office
provides general information about study programs and conditions of the University of Cologne

Regelungen zur Klausureinsicht

Laborversicherung / Insurance

The University of Cologne provides no insurance for students and graduates in case of material damages caused during practical/experimental work, which is part of several modules of your study program.

We thus recommend to contract insurance on your own. Special offers for students are provided per semester. Find more information under:

In case of questions don't hesitate to contact lecturers, professors or the Department Office.